Hello, hello – welcome to / welcome back to A Brash Attitude!
Today I have a review of the Essence Cosmetics Bye Bye Panda Eyes! Mascara – I purchased it recently and have been testing it out daily. [info in italics taken from the Essence website]
say bye bye to those panda eyes and hello to clean volume and defined lashes! this mascara is made to last all day without smudging or clumping with our tubular formula. plus its easy to remove with just warm water. vegan. paraben free. oil free. perfume free. alcohol free.
Based on the description of the Bye Bye Panda Eyes! Smudge-proof Volumizing and Defining Mascara, this sounds like a great mascara for me. If you’ve been reading abrashattitude.com for awhile, you will know that I am very very picky about mascara. I have long, super stick-straight lashes that are quite light in colour considering my natural hair colour is dark brown. I use a lash curler and I need a mascara will hold a curl. My eyes are sensitive, and water easily so any mascara that I use must be smudge proof, and water resistant. I’m trying not to use waterproof mascara these days.
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did the Full Lash Bloom Mascara measure up?
1. waterproof / water resistant +1 surprisingly water resistant, yet easy to remove
2. smudge-proof +1 no panda eyes for me!
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +1
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 Super dark black!
5. volumizing +1/2 not as volumizing as I had hoped, gives beautiful length though
6. must hold a curl +3/4 It holds a curl ok, wish it was a better hold
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1 no itchy eyes!
Overall I would give this mascara a 6.25 out of 7. I like it a lot, and I hope that as it dries out, that the curl holding power and volume will increase.
Have you tried this mascara, did you like it?
Thanks for reading,
Disclosure: In case you missed it at the beginning of the post, I purchased this!