Today I’m reviewing the first of the twelve items in my Project Pan Collab with the lovely Ingrid from CurlySpringBlossom, and Stashy from Stash Matters, and joining our collab next week (Sep 19th) is Chanelle from ChanelleHayley!
Basically, the Project Pan 12 the goal is to use up (or at least make a good attempt to use up) twelve products over the course of twelve weeks, and to review one of the products each week. After the product review, I’ll give a very short comment on the remaining eleven products just to account for whether or not I’ve been successful in using each of the products.
I purchased the Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder in the shade Naked Medium Light before I started my blog, so I’ve had it for at least a year and a half.
When I first hit pan in February 2016, I had assumed that it wouldn’t be long before I had used it up, and had purchased the Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation as a replacement (which I reviewed in March). At that point my UD Powder was kept in my bag for touch ups, which is where it remained until starting this project. Here’s what is says on the website:
Finish getting Naked. Our silky, weightless finishing powder blends flawlessly to set makeup and cut shine—for a luminous, demi-matte Naked finish. It’s the next evolution in Naked Skin. Designed to be virtually invisible once applied, our high-tech, jet-milled powder has an insanely silky texture that feels amazing on your skin. Optical blurring pigments instantly minimize imperfections, diminish shine and create a stunning soft-focus effect that looks professionally retouched. Unlike powders that leave skin looking chalky or cakey, Naked Skin Finishing Powder gives you a radiant complexion and NATURAL-looking Naked coverage.
I’ve been using the Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder every day since starting this project. If you compare the photos from September 5th and 12th, you can see a difference in the amount of product left versus the size of the pan spot!
It works great over foundation, as well as just with sunscreen / moisturizer and concealer. This powder is very finely milled, so it applies smoothly and looks very natural. I apply it in the mornings using my Tarte Powder Player Bamboo Pressed Powder Brush (review is here). If I need a touch up but I’m not at home, I used the sponge puff that comes with the compact. I think that this is either my third or fourth purchase of this powder, so I obviously LOVE it!
The remaining 11 products:
2. Brazen Cosmetics Organic Mineral Foundation in Crazed (0N) – did not use last week.
3. Essence Cosmetics Bloom Me Up Shimmer Powder in 01 Rose It Up – used daily
4. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Mont Blanc – did not use last week, it was too hot and humid for full foundation
5. Nyx Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in Gleam – used 1x
6. Urban Decay Mini Palette in Urban Vices – used 3x
7. Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Mini Palette – used 3x
8. Ren Purity No. 1 Cleansing Balm – used 3x
9. Organic Surge Facial Polish – used 3x
10. Sukin Rosehip Day Cream – only used at night so far, 2x
11. Haus of Gloi Hair Oil in Cozy Sweater – used 2x
12. Atelier Cologne in Rose Anonyme – used 2x
Thanks for reading and have a beautiful day! ❤
Don’t forget to check out my fellow collaborators week 1 reviews!