Today I have a review of another Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant – this time the Charcoal + Magnesium. I’ve reviewed several natural deodorants here on the blog, both from Schmidt’s and other brands. I had started reacting to the baking soda in Schmidt’s. After contacting their customer service and discussing my reaction, they recommended trying either the Sensitive Formula or the Charcoal + Magnesium. Because my underarms were so irritated at the time, I switched to the Sensitive Formula. (read about my reaction, Schmidt’s excellent customer service and review of the Sensitive Formula here)
When I was in Nova Scotia last month, my mom gave me the Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant to try. I’ve been using it a few days a week for a month now, so I feel like I’m ready to review. I’ve been using a baking soda free deodorant from my stash every couple of days in between to give my skin a break and minimize the chance of a reaction re-occurring. So far, this has been successful! (info in italics is taken from the Schmidt’s website)
- Scent reminiscent of freshly fallen rain: vaporous, mild, and wispy
- Enriched with mineral-derived ingredients: Magnesium and Sodium Bicarbonate
- Plant-based powders help absorb wetness without the use of aluminum
- Helps neutralize odour naturally
- Free of aluminum, propylene glycol, parabens & phthalates; no artificial fragrance
- Non-greasy, non-sticky feel. Easily absorbed; application requires only a small amount
- Certified Vegan and Cruelty-free
I wasn’t sure how charcoal and magnesium would smell, but they did a good job in making this deodorant smell nice – it is mild and fresh smelling.
The Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant works well for me even in hot weather, and it is not at all greasy or sticky. It does however leave a faint grey cast on my skin when applied, but I’ve not noticed any staining of lighter coloured clothing.
Have you tried Schmidt’s or any other natural deodorants?
Thanks for reading and have a beautiful day!
Disclosure: In case you missed it at the beginning, my awesome mom purchased this for me.