Today I’m reviewing the Au Naturale Color Theory Creme Corrector that came in my May Petit Vour subscription box. [info in italics is taken from the Petit Vour website]
Au Naturale’s Color Theory Creme Correctors were designed using complementary color theory, (hues opposite to one another on the color wheel neutralize when mixed) in order to counter under eye circles, blemishes and other skin quirks.
The Creme Corrector is available in five different correcting shades: Linen, Peach, Flax, Sweet Basil and Lavender. Here’s the breakdown of what each shade is targeted for:
- Linen – perfect for brightening the eye area and hiding signs of fatigue. Pink and peach concealers are best to combat dark under eye circles.
- Peach – to hide dark circles or other spots for those with medium to dark skin tones.
- Flax – to conceal purple or blue bruises, veins or under eye circles. Yellow concealers are the most versatile and are great for evening out skin tone and brightening complexions.
- Sweet Basil – to neutralize any redness due to acne, scarring, rosacea, windburn or sunburn. Green concealers significantly reduce redness and give foundation an even base.
- Lavender – to eliminate any unwanted yellow undertones/spots on your skin. Purple concealers will brighten pasty, dull or yellow complexions.
I have seasonal allergies and am prone to puffy eyes and dark circles, so I was hoping for either Linen, Peach or Flax. My Becca brightening under-eye concealer is pinky-peach in tone, so it is probably good that I got the Flax shade (yellow toned). It works pretty well to camouflage dark circles as the yellow cancels out the purple undertone.
I find that a lot of stick style concealers are often a little on the draggy side when it comes to blending but the consistency of the concealer is surprisingly soft, easy to blend, and non-drying for the under eye, likely due to the Meadowfoam Seed, Castor, and Jojoba Seed Oils!
The packaging is really nice, it is metal, the cap seems to be magnetized, so it won’t fall off in your makeup bag or purse.
Ingredients 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan | Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam Seed Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed Oil), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Seed Oil), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Wax), Manihot Esculenta (Tapioca Root Starch), Organic Lavandula Officinalis (Lavender Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Micas, Silica.
Thanks for reading and have a beautiful day!
Disclosure: This came in my Petit Vour subscription box that I pay for.