Today I have a review of the fairly new Exhibitionist Waterproof Mascara from Covergirl. [info in italics taken from the Covergirl Canada website]
With COVERGIRL’s NEW Exhibitionist volumizing mascara, lashes are full and defined after only one coat. Our volumizing mascara formula glides smoothly onto lashes. Get soft lashes with no flaking or smudging. Show-stopping volume Lashes are full and defined after only one coat Formula glides smoothly onto lashes – soft lashes, no flaking, no smudging
If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, you’ll know that I am so very picky when it comes to my mascara because I have long, stick straight lashes, that are light in colour despite being a natural dark brunette so I curl my lashes before I apply mascara or else it looks like I barely have any lashes. And, my eyes are quite sensitive. Add to that the fact that my eyes water easily, so any mascara that I use must be smudge-proof and water-resistant (or waterproof) or else I’ll be in a huge mess!
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did Covergirl’s Exhibitionist Waterproof Mascara measure up?
1. waterproof +1 point
2. smudge-proof +1 point, no smudging!
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +1 point, no flaking or clumping!
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 point, this mascara is super mega black (yay!)
5. volumizing +3/4 point, I got decent volume but not amazing volume with one coat, two coats gives better volume, but for daily wear, I tend to stick to one coat.
6. must hold a curl +3/4 point, it held a curl for me pretty well (but not awesomely well), and no droopy lashes.
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1 point
So out of 7 points, I would give this one a solid 6.5!
Have you tried this mascara?
Thanks for reading,
Disclosure: I purchased this mascara!