Today I have a review of the Super Sizer by Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara from Covergirl [info in italics taken from the Covergirl Canada website].
The Super Sizer by Lash Blast Mascara gives you 400% more corner-to-corner volume for full, fanned out lashes. Our amazing Lash Styler transforms even small lashes— just twirl as you apply it to your lashes for an instantly Super Sized lash look. Opthalmologically tested, suitable for those who wear contact lenses.
I am so picky when it comes to my mascara because I have long, stick straight lashes, light in colour despite being a natural dark brunette. I need to curl my lashes before I apply mascara or else it looks like I barely have any lashes. I have sensitive eyes. And my eyes water easily, so any mascara that I use must be smudge-proof and water-resistant (or waterproof) or else I’ll be in hot mess!
The brush is super tiny, which made it easier to get into the corners, but I usually prefer a larger brush for my mascara as I find that it works better volume-wise for my lashes.
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did Covergirl’s Super Sizer Waterproof Mascara measure up?
1. waterproof +1 point
2. smudge-proof +1 point, no smudging!
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +1/2 This mascara can get clumpy if you don’t clean the excess of the brush before applying.
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 point, this mascara is super mega black (yay!)
5. volumizing +1/2, I got some volume but not amazing volume with one coat, two coats gives better volume (but at increased clump risk), but for daily wear, I tend to stick to one coat. Definitely not a 400% increase in volume.
6. must hold a curl +3/4 point, it held a curl for me pretty well (but not awesomely well), and no droopy lashes.
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1 point
Overall, this one was good, but not great for me with 5.75 out of 7 (based on my rating scale).
Have you tried this mascara, did you like it?
Thanks for reading
Disclosure: I purchased this mascara.