Today I have a review of the Catrice Rock Couture Extreme Volume Waterproof Mascara. [info in italics taken from the Catrice website]
- Deep black mascara for extreme volume, length and curl that lasts all day long
- Short-bristled elastomer brush coats each individual lash with instant volume right after the first stroke
- Longwear formula lasts for up to 24 hours – Studded cap for easy grip and haute-couture feel
If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, you will know that I am extremely picky when it comes to mascara because I have long, stick straight lashes, that are light in colour despite being a natural dark brunette. I have to curl my lashes before I apply mascara or else it looks like I barely have any lashes. And I have sensitive eyes that water easily, so any mascara I use must be smudge-proof and water-resistant (ideally waterproof).
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did the Catrice Rock Couture Extreme Volume Mascara measure up?
1. waterproof +1 point
2. smudge-proof +1 point
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +3/4 point – I find that short bristle brushes tend to clump if you don’t wipe off the excess mascara before using. No flaking though!
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 point, this mascara is super mega black (yay!)
5. volumizing +1/2 point – I did not have extreme volume, I had some volume – but not enough in my opinion.
6. must hold a curl +1/2 point – It did not hold a curl all day for me.
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1 point
Overall, this one was good, but not great – mainly because it did not give enough volume and did not hold a curl all day with 5.75 out of 7 (based on my rating scale).
Have you tried this mascara, did you like it?
Thanks for reading
Disclosure: My mother purchased this for me, she’s awesome like that! (Thanks Mom!)