If you follow me on InstaGram, you will know that I was asked to be on the judging panel for the CertClean’s 5th Annual Clean Beauty Awards, and was on the judging panel for face washes. I received a total of eight facial cleansers and tested them out from late August, until the end of November when I submitted my scoring grid.
Here’s my round one face wash products:
- Birch Babe Naturals Facial Bar
- AEOS Energized Organics Cleansing Oil Dé-Maq
- Be Genki Radiant Cleansing Oil
- Pure Saavy Come Hell or High Water 3-in-1 Micellar Water
- Penny Lane Organics Cleansing Milk & Makeup Remover
- Kaelen Harwell Refining Roman Chamomile Ylang Ylang Cleanser
- Aromatica Natural Coconut Cleansing Oil
- EcoTan Super Citrus Cleanser
I had pages (and pages) of notes during the testing period – with information on the companies, type of cleanser, ingredients, usability, and personal experience with the products. The quality of all of the facial cleansers was very high, which made scoring so difficult, and in the end, it was often 1 point difference that separated my top scoring face washes.
The finalists of Round One judging was announced on February 3rd. Here’s the finalists for the Face Wash Category:
- SanRe Organic Skinfood Rose Cleanse
- Helena Lane Skincare Red Western Cedar & Lemon Cleanser
- Alighten Natural Skin Care Gentle Renewing Facial Cleanser
- Jane Apothecary Soothing Cleansing Balm
- Lo & Behold Naturals Echinacea and Chamomile Cleansing Balm
- Biossance Squalane + Tea Tree Cleansing Gel
- Eco Tan Super Citrus Cleanser
- Province Apothecary Moisturizing Oil Cleanser + Makeup Remover
- Aiona Alive Skin Care E-citrus Exfoliating Cleanser
- Derma E Acne Deep Pore Cleansing Wash
Out of the ten finalists, only one of the products that I tested / judged in Round One will be moving onto Round Two of judging – the Eco Tan Super Citrus Cleanser which was in my top three! Round Two judging will be starting soon for the finalists in the Face Wash category! Very exciting!
Thanks for reading
Disclosure: I received eight cleansers to test and score for Round One of the CertClean Clean Beauty Awards Face Wash judging panel. My opinion is based on my experience with these products.