Hello, hello! Welcome to A BRASH ATTITUDE!
Today I’m reviewing the Fitglow Beauty Goodlash + Mascara that came in my January Petit Vour box [info in italics taken from the Petit Vour website]
I am so picky about mascara. I have long, super stick-straight lashes. They are quite light in colour considering my natural hair colour is dark brown. Because my lashes are straight, I always use a lash curler before applying mascara. My eyes are sensitive, and water easily so any mascara that I use must be smudge proof, and water-resistant (ideally waterproof).
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did the Fitglow Beauty Good Lash + Mascara measure up?
1. waterproof / water resistant +0 This is not a water-proof or water-resistant mascara. And I have eyes that water very easily.
2. smudge-proof +1/2 This mascara was not smudgeproof on me. It was not horror movie level smudging, but definite darkness under the eyes by the end of the day.
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +1 No flaking or clumping!
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 Very dark black!
5. volumizing +3/4 It gave my lashes some volume, but not as much as I was hoping for
6. must hold a curl +3/4 It held a curl pretty well, for most of the day.
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1 My lashes felt soft after using this mascara and my eyes were not at all irritated.
The wand is a nice conical shape, great for the inner and outer lash corners. Overall, I would score this mascara a 5 out of 7. It is a really nice mascara, just not a mascara for me due to my watery eyes. If you don’t have watery eyes, this might be an awesome mascara for you. I will continue to use it on days that I’m working from home to get the lash conditioning benefits. If they ever make a waterproof version, I would definitely want to try it!
Have you tried this mascara, did you like it?
Thanks for reading
Disclosure: This came in my Petit Vour subscription box that I pay for.