Hello, hello! Welcome back to A BRASH ATTITUDE!
Today I have a review of the Covergirl Exhibitionist Uncensored Mascara in the Waterproof Formula. I purchased it recently and have been testing it out. [info in italics taken from the Covergirl website & from the packaging]
Go ahead, be bold with COVERGIRL Exhibitionist Uncensored Mascara. Available in waterproof and non-waterproof varieties, this ultra-volumizing mascara creates full, defined lashes after just one coat. Infused with decadent coconut and jojoba oils, this mascara won’t smudge or flake out on you. Keep the lash party going day and night with uninhibited, show-stopping volume!
- Gives eye opening effect
- Lengthens, lifts & separates lashes
- Waterproof. Smudge-Proof. Clump-Proof.
- Suitable for sensitive eyes
Sounds like the perfect mascara for me when you compare the claims with my requirements. If you’ve been reading abrashattitude.com for awhile, you will know that I am admittedly mega picky about mascara. I have long, super stick-straight lashes that are quite light in colour considering my natural hair colour is dark brown. I always use a lash curler before applying mascara. My eyes are sensitive, and water easily so any mascara that I use must be smudge proof, and water-resistant (ideally waterproof).
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did the Exhibitionist Uncensored Mascara measure up?
1. waterproof / water resistant +1
2. smudge-proof +1
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +1
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 Super mega black!
5. volumizing +1/2 Decent volume but not as much as I had hoped!
6. must hold a curl +3/4 I think that this score might improve once the mascara dries out a bit as it is a fairly wet formula.
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1
The brush is large (but not gigantic), which I’m a fan of. Overall I would give this mascara a 6.25 out of 7 – pretty great, and I think my opinion will improve once the formula dries out a bit.
Have you tried this mascara, did you like it?
Thanks for reading,
Disclosure: In case you missed it at the beginning, I purchased this!