Hello, hello – welcome to / welcome back to A Brash Attitude!
Today I have a review of the Covergirl The Super Sizer Big Curl Mascara Waterproof in the shade Very Black that I purchased awhile back in my little haul from Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty [info in italics taken from the Shoppers website].
Super-sized curl and volume in an instant! Use COVERGIRL’s Big Curl Mascara for evenly-coated, lifted lashes from root to tip. Your curled lash look will last all day!
Based on the description of the Covergirl The Super Sizer Big Curl Mascara Waterproof, this sounds perfect for me. If you’ve been reading abrashattitude.com for awhile, you will know that I am admittedly so mega picky about mascara. I have long, super stick-straight lashes that are quite light in colour considering my natural hair colour is dark brown. I need to use a lash curler and I need a mascara that holds a curl. My eyes are sensitive, and water easily so any mascara that I use must be smudge proof, and water-resistant.
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did the Covergirl The Super Sizer Big Curl Mascara Waterproof measure up?
1. waterproof / water resistant +1
2. smudge-proof +1
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +1
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 Super dark black, MEGA!
5. volumizing +1/2 Sadly this mascara is not as volumizing as I had hoped – may it will improve as the mascara dries out a bit, if so, I will update the score.
6. must hold a curl +1 Holds a curl really well!
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1
The brush is a curved, needle type bristle brush – gets all the lashes, even the tiny lashes at the inner corner. Overall I would give this mascara a 6.5 out of 7 – very close, but not quite Holy Grail status.
Have you tried this mascara, did you like it?
Thanks for reading,
Disclosure: In case you missed it at the beginning of the post, I purchased this!