Hello, hello – welcome to / welcome back to A Brash Attitude!
If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen in my stories that I recently received a PR package from Bloomiss – they’re a Canadian brand that specializes in beauty, skincare and aromatherapy. I received the Tension Balm, a Natural Tinted Lip Balm, and the Blooming Lashes Mascara. Today I’m reviewing the Blooming Lashes Mascara. [info in italics taken from the Bloomiss website]
Blooming Lashes Mascara will give your eye lashes a treatment that is nourishing and conditioning, making sure to keep them healthy. That’s not all…we all know volume is key with lashes, so this special formula will lengthen and give your lashing natural looking volume in a deep black to make your eyes pop. It’s a 100% natural clean mascara that you will feel good about putting on your eye lashes. A mascara that is toxin-free, paraben-free, and free from any harmful chemicals.
Based on the description of the Blooming Lashes Mascara, this sounds like my kind of mascara. If you’ve been reading abrashattitude.com for awhile, you will know that I am admittedly so mega picky about mascara. I have long, super stick-straight lashes that are quite light in colour considering my natural hair colour is dark brown. I need to use a lash curler and I need a mascara that holds a curl. My eyes are sensitive, and water easily so any mascara that I use must be smudge proof, and water-resistant. I have not had a lot of luck with any of the more natural mascara formulations that I’ve tried so far, but I’m always willing to try another one!
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did the Blooming Lashes Mascara measure up?
1. waterproof / water resistant +3/4 Not waterproof, but it withstood my watery eyes fairly well!
2. smudge-proof +1 This was surprising as it is not a waterproof formulation, but I had no smudging!
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +1
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 Super dark black!
5. volumizing +1 Gave my lashes pretty good volume!
6. must hold a curl +3/4 It held a curl for several hours, but not as long as I had hoped! If it improves as it starts to dry out a bit, I will update my score.
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1 Probably the most eye friendly mascara formulation I’ve ever tried!
Overall I would give this mascara a 6.5 out of 7 – the highest score I’ve ever given to a natural-based mascara!
Have you tried this mascara, did you like it?
Thanks for reading,
Disclosure: In case you missed it at the beginning, this product was gifted, but my opinion is always my own.