Hello, hello – welcome to / welcome back to A Brash Attitude!
Today I have a review of the Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Waterproof Mascara by LashBlast – I purchased it a few weeks ago and have been testing it out. [info in italics taken from the Covergirl Canada website and from the packaging]
Full Lash Bloom Waterproof Mascara gives you exceptional lash fullness that’s soft even to the touch and is perfect for everyday wear. With our new petal-shaped brush and mousse formula with natural beeswax, lashes are never stiff or brittle. So bring out every last lash, and embrace you in full bloom!
Full Lash Bloom brush, with short and long bristles, creates volume from root to tip and combs and coats lashes evenly for full separated volume. Waterproof formula provides volume that stays soft to the touch all day.
Based on the description of the Full Lash Bloom Mascara, this sounds like a great mascara for me. If you’ve been reading abrashattitude.com for awhile, you will know that I am picky about mascara. I have long, super stick-straight lashes that are quite light in colour considering my natural hair colour is dark brown. I use a lash curler and I need a mascara will hold a curl. My eyes are sensitive, and water easily so any mascara that I use must be smudge proof, and at least water-resistant.
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did the Full Lash Bloom Mascara measure up?
1. waterproof / water resistant +1 Waterproof!
2. smudge-proof +1 No smudging!
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +1 No flakes or clumps!
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 Super dark black!
5. volumizing +1/2 The volume was ok. Not the full volume that I was hoping for.
6. must hold a curl +1/2 Did not hold a curl as well as I had hoped. Surprising for a waterproof formula, usually they hold a curl much better.
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1
Overall I would give this mascara a 6 out of 7. If it held a curl better and had better volume, I would have scored it higher. I like it, but it’s definitely not a holy grail mascara for me. If the mascara starts to perform better as it dries out a bit, I will re-evaluate my score.
Have you tried this mascara, did you like it?
Thanks for reading,
Disclosure: In case you missed it at the beginning of the post, I purchased this!