Hello, hello – welcome to / welcome back to A Brash Attitude!
Today I have a review of the elf Cosmetics Lash It Loud Mascara – I purchased it in early January and have been testing it out. [info in italics taken from the elf Cosmetics website]
What is it? A mega volume mascara that helps your lashes look fuller, bolder and longer than ever.
Why we love?
- Achieve mega volume lashes instantly
- Volumizing mascara is formulated with intensely rich pigments for bolder than ever lashes
- Flexible, silicone brush grips lashes from root to tip for insane volume
Volume that hits all the high notes! This formula’s intensely rich pigments easily coat lashes for a bigger and bolder look. The sleek flexible wand hugs every single lash with both vertical and horizontal bristles to amplify, define & add dimension.
This sounds like a perfect mascara for me since I prefer lots of VOLUME for my lashes. If you’ve been reading abrashattitude.com for awhile, you will know that I am super picky about mascara. I have long, stick-straight lashes that are quite light in colour considering my natural hair colour is dark brown. I use a lash curler and I need a mascara will hold a curl. My eyes are sensitive, and water easily so any mascara that I use must be smudge proof, and water resistant.
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did the Lash It Loud Mascara score?
1. waterproof / water resistant +1 Not waterproof mascara, but held up well during cold weather eye watering for me!
2. smudge-proof +1
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +1
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 Dark black!
5. volumizing +1/2 Ok volume, great length. I was hoping for mega volume.
6. must hold a curl +3/4 It holds a curl pretty well, wish it had better hold
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1 no itchy eyes!
Overall I would give this mascara a 6.25 out of 7 – which is pretty good! The brush shape works great for my inner and outer lashes. I prefer the volume that the Big Mood Waterproof Mascara gives my lashes, so I’m probably going to try the non-waterproof formula to see how it compares.
I love that elf Cosmetics is cruelty free, and vegan, and affordable!
Have you tried this mascara?
Thanks for reading,
Disclosure: I purchased this!