Hello, hello – welcome to / welcome back to A Brash Attitude!
Today I have a review of the Essence #Lashes of the Day Super Volume Mascara that I purchased awhile back in my little haul from Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty [info in italics taken from the Shoppers website].
Have a #fabulash day with look at me lashes! This Super volume mascara will give you the perfect curl. The brush is designed to evenly apply mascara to each and every lash.
Based on the description of the Lashes of the Day Super Volume Mascara, this sounds perfect for me. If you’ve been reading abrashattitude.com for awhile, you will know that I am admittedly so mega picky about mascara. I have long, super stick-straight lashes that are quite light in colour considering my natural hair colour is dark brown. I need to use a lash curler and I need a mascara that holds a curl. My eyes are sensitive, and water easily so any mascara that I use must be smudge proof, and water-resistant.
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did the Essence #Lashes of the Day Super Volume Mascara measure up?
1. waterproof / water resistant – Not waterproof, but it withstood my watery eyes, so quite water-resistant +1
2. smudge-proof +1 This was surprising as it is not a waterproof formulation, but I had no smudging!
3. non-flaking / non-clumping – If you don’t wipe the excess of the ends of the mascara wand, if can get a little on the clumpy side. +1
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 Super dark black!
5. volumizing +1 Pretty great volume
6. must hold a curl +1/2 It holds a curl pretty well for several hours, but not all day. Hopefully this will improve as the mascara dries out, if it does, I will revise my score.
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1
Overall I would give this mascara a 6.5 out of 7. If it held a curl better, I would have scored it higher. Nearly perfect, but not quite holy grail for me.
Have you tried this mascara, did you like it?
Thanks for reading,
Disclosure: In case you missed it at the beginning of the post, I purchased this!