Hello, hello – welcome to / welcome back to A Brash Attitude!
Long time, no write! You all know that Essence is one of my go-to brands for mascara, so when it came time to replace my mascara, I decided to purchase a new to me mascara from Essence – the Double Trouble Mascara [info in italics taken from the Essence Cosmetics website]
Double the volume, double the trouble! essence DOUBLE TROUBLE MASCARA is bold, daring, and has a double-sided brush for a lash look that’s got it all. The applicator has two sides, an elastomer brush and a fiber brush for extreme definition, curl, and length! Also available in waterproof!
This sounds like a great mascara for me since I prefer VOLUME and CURL for my lashes. If you’ve been reading abrashattitude.com for awhile, you will know that I am super picky about mascara. I have long, stick-straight lashes that are quite light in colour considering my natural hair colour is dark brown. I use a lash curler and I need a mascara will hold a curl. My eyes are sensitive, and water easily so any mascara that I use must be smudge proof, and water resistant.
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did the Double Trouble Mascara score?
1. waterproof / water resistant +0 Not water resistant, did not hold up well if my eyes watered at all.
2. smudge-proof +0 – it smudged easily on me
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +1 – no flake or clump for me
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 Dark black!
5. volumizing +1/4 The volume was minimal. Even with multiple coats.
6. must hold a curl +1/4 Held a curl briefly, then my lashes drooped.
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1 no itchy eyes!
Overall I would give this mascara a 2.5 out of 7 – which is really not good! I had high hopes for this one, but was so disappointed. This might be the lowest I’ve ever scored a mascara!
Have you tried this mascara?
Thanks for reading,
Disclosure: I purchased this.
You must be logged in to post a comment.