Today I’m reviewing the Lengthening Organic Mascara from Harvest Natural Beauty that came in my August Petit Vour box [info in italics taken from the Petit Vour website]
Thicken and lengthen each lash with this nontoxic, vegan, 100% natural and organic mascara. Infused with conditioning organics and Vitamin E, this unique formula is smudge proof and water resistant. Free from artificial colors, preservatives and fragrances making it ideal for sensitive eyes.
This mascara is available in two shades black and brown – I received the shade black.
I admit to being so very picky when it comes to my mascara because I have long, stick straight lashes, that are light in colour despite being a natural dark brunette. I curl my lashes before I apply mascara or else it looks like I barely have any lashes. And I have sensitive eyes that eyes water easily, so any mascara that I use must be smudge-proof and water-resistant (ideally waterproof) or else I’ll be in a huge mess!
The brush is a fairly standard bristle, not too small and not too large, easy to apply to the inner and outer lash corners.
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did Harvest Natural Beauty’s Lengthening Organic Mascara do?
1. waterproof – the formula is fairly water resistant, not waterproof, +3/4 point
2. smudge-proof – Mostly smudgeproof, but if my eyes are super watery, I will get a little under-eye smudging. +3/4 point
3. non-flaking / non-clumping – I didn’t experience any flaking, and if I clean off the end of the wand before use, clumping is minimal with careful application. +3/4
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) – the formula is a nice deep, dark black, +1 point
5. volumizing – the formula is for lengthening, but it was surprisingly volumizing, +3/4 point
6. must hold a curl – It holds a curl ok, but not amazingly well for my lashes. But it didn’t cause them to droop, +1/2 point
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes, +1
Overall I would give this mascara a score of 5.5, out of 7. I like it, but it isn’t a holy grail for me, mainly due to my watery eyes and stick straight lashes – if they make a waterproof formulation, it would probably score a 7 for me! If you don’t have an issue with watery eyes, it would probably work amazingly well for you.
Ingredients 100% Cruelty-Free and Vegan | Water (Aqua), *Chamomile Hydrosol (Matricaria Recutita), *Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Mica (CI 77019), *Coffea Arabica (Coffee Powder), *Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Lecithin, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), *Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulgaris Extract, *Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, *Rosmarinus Officinalis Flower Extract, *Hydrastis Canadensis Root Extract, *Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Vanilla Planifolia, [+/- May Contain]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 7749, CI 77492). *Certified Organic Ingredients
Thanks for reading
Disclosure: This came in my Petit Vour subscription box, that I pay for.