My Ipsy GlamBag arrived yesterday, so let’s take a look to see what I got:
The theme for this month’s bag is Spellbound, and the bag is a burgundy faux lace print with a bat zipper pull. It is cute, but I don’t think that it really conveys the theme of Spellbound.
First up is the Water Luminous Jelly Cleanser by JMsolution:
- Did someone say “foam party?” The jelly-like formula felt so refreshing on our skin, and then bubbled up like crazy when we mixed it with water.
- It’s made with hyaluronic acid (lots of it) which helps keep your skin hydrated even after you wash it off.
- It deep cleans, but it’s way gentle so you can use it alll the time—perf if you have sensitive skin.
- Under eye circles? To the left. This lightweight concealer is insanely hydrating (which helps to soothe and soften them) and has buildable, believable coverage.
- It’s made with active propolis. Active what? That’s an ingredient honey bees collect from flowers while they’re buzzing around. It helps restore your skin’s structure and protects against damage. Aww thanks, bees!
- It’s also got Amino acids, vitamin E, and nourishing oils. Your face will thank you.
This looks super dark on my pale skin but it actually blended in nicely on my arm. It kind of reminds me of the Becca Undereye Brightening Corrector. I’m going to give it a wear test tomorrow. Hey Honey is cruelty free but not vegan (due to the honey content).
Third up is the Firma Beauty 201 Tall Blender Brush:
- Because we’re not all artists (does paint by numbers count?), this bomb brush makes blending your eyeshadows a cinch.
- Its bristles are gentle, soft and synthetic—so it’s made with mad love for the animals.
- Try using it to blend shadow onto your lower lash line. Instant smoke.
- Lengthening. Curling. Volumizing. Conditioning. This mascara seriously made our lashes look longer, fatter, and lifted in a few quick strokes.
- The awesome “MagniLASH” wand was designed to coat, separate, and define everyyy last lash. You’ll be shocked at how much of a difference this little brush makes.
- No animals were harmed in the making of your fab lashes. This cruelty-free formula is totally vegan.
I haven’t tested this mascara out yet, I’m going to wait until I use up another mascara in my stash. But this one sounds great, so I’m hopeful despite it being a non waterproof formula. This one is cruelty free and vegan as well! This mascara was so difficult to photograph.
The fifth and final is the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer in Light:
- You’re killing it with your eye look, so why not make it last? This lid primer (yes, that’s a thing) prevents creasing and holds your shadow in place wayyy longer.
- You know how sometimes makeup shades look different in the palette than on your skin? This evens out your lid tone to make shadows look bolder and brighter when you apply them.
- It was developed by professional photogs to make eye makeup look flawless in photo shoots, so it’ll DEF help you step up your selfie game.
I was excited to get this one since Smashbox just got their cruelty free status back. But I just don’t know about this one, it is super thick and cakey and dry. Did I get an old or dried out sample? I don’t know, but this one is going into the bin! Yuck!
I cashed in my points to get a Glass Nail File from Margaret Dabbs. It seems to be a standard glass nail file, so I look forward to using this.
I decided to cancel my Ipsy subscription after this bag. I’ve been thinking about cancelling for a few months now.
I’ve decided to sign up for the Petit Vour subscription box that only sends cruelty free products – can’t wait until next month to get my first one!
Thanks for reading and have a beautiful day!
Disclosure: I pay for this subscription!