Today I’m reviewing the Stellar Gaze Length & Strength Mascara from Pacifica Beauty that came in my January Petit Vour box. [info in italics taken from Petit Vour]
You will fall in love with the long-lasting, nourishing, natural mineral mascara. This amazing formula is infused with coconut oil and vitamin B to hydrate each lash as it lengthens, strengthens and adds volume. Apply for a natural look by day, or layer for more volume with the super plush 100% vegan brush that provides effortless coverage.
I am very picky when it comes to my mascara because I have long, stick straight lashes, that are light in colour despite being a natural brunette so I curl my lashes before I apply mascara or else it looks like I barely have any lashes. To make it even more complicated, my eyes are quite sensitive. Add to that the fact that my eyes water easily, so any mascara that I use must be smudge-proof and water-resistant (or waterproof).
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did Pacifica’s Stellar Gaze Mascara measure up?
1. waterproof +1/2 point, as the formula is not waterproof. It is slightly water-resistant, but not 100%.
2. smudge-proof +1/2 point, I did experience some smudging, likely due to my eyes watering while out.
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +1 point, no flaking or clumping!
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 point, this mascara is nice and dark black!
5. volumizing +1/2 point, this is more of a lengthening formula, but I got ok volume with two coats.
6. must hold a curl +1/2 point, it held a curl ok, but not amazingly well. At least it didn’t make my lashes droop!
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1 point, this has to be the most gentle eye and lash friendly mascara that I’ve ever tried! My lashes feel so soft after using this, so I’m giving this mascara a bonus +1/2 point for gentleness / lash conditioning!
So how does the Stellar Gaze Mascara measure up? I would give this one a 5.5 out of 7.
If you don’t have watery eyes, and like a lengthening formula, then you will probably love this one. Sadly, my eyes water a bit too much for this one to work well for me. But if they ever come out with a waterproof version of this mascara, I would definitely want to try it out!