Hello, hello! Welcome to / welcome back to A BRASH ATTITUDE!
Today I have a review of the Covergirl Lash Blast Active Mascara in the shade Extreme Black. I purchased it recently and have been testing it out. [info in italics taken from the Covergirl website & from the packaging]
Lash Blast Active Mascara gives an instant boost of volume that can’t be stopped—offering up to 24 hour wear that won’t let you down! The formula is sweat-proof, smudge-proof and clump-proof ready to take you through your day. The brush provides easy application, control and separation due to the alternating bristle lengths and the brush shape that hugs the lash line. Suitable for contact lens wearers and ophthalmologically tested.
Based on the description, this mascara sounds perfect for me. If you’ve been reading abrashattitude.com for awhile, you will know that I am admittedly mega picky about mascara. I have long, super stick-straight lashes that are quite light in colour considering my natural hair colour is dark brown. Normally I always use a lash curler before applying mascara but I’ve recently had my very first lash lift and tint, so my curler is stashed away, and no waterproof formulas for me. My eyes are sensitive, and water easily so any mascara that I use must be smudge proof, and water-resistant.
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did the Covergirl Lab Blast Active Mascara measure up?
1. waterproof / water resistant – Not waterproof, but it withstood my watery eyes, so quite water-resistant +1
2. smudge-proof +1
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +1
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 Super mega black, MEGA!
5. volumizing +1/2 to 3/4 depending on whether I do one or two coats.
6. must hold a curl +1 I’ve had a lash lift done, but the mascara did not make my lashes droop. I may change this score once my lash lift wears off and I test it with my lashes in their normal state.
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1
The brush is one of those narrow flexible needle type brushes (what is this mascara brush type called), which I’m not usually a fan of, but this one is great for getting all my lashes, even the teeny ones! Overall I would give this mascara a 6.5 to 6.75 out of 7 – veering towards holy grail status!
Have you tried this mascara, did you like it?
Thanks for reading,
Disclosure: I purchased this!