Hello, hello – welcome to / welcome back to A Brash Attitude!
Today I have a review of the elf Cosmetics Big Mood Waterproof Mascara – I purchased it recently and have been testing it out daily. [info in italics taken from the elf Cosmetics website]
Why we love:
- Clean, waterproof formula
- Plumps and lifts your lashes all day
- Smooth, creamy formula infused with jojoba wax to hold lashes’ curl
- Effortless application in one stroke
- Hourglass-shaped brush head to separate and define lashes
- Smudge- and flake-resistant formula
Bring the drama and take on the world with #BigMoodEnergy—our best-selling Big Mood Mascara is now available in a waterproof formula! This clean, volumizing and lifting waterproof mascara gives you that extra-bold and defined false lash effect without smudging or flaking in one smooth swipe. The hourglass brush head features intertwined bristles to load up your look with pigment and separate lashes, while the creamy, jojoba wax-infused formula holds your lashes’ curl all day.
Based on the description of the elf Cosmetics Big Mood Waterproof Mascara, this sounds like a great mascara for me. If you’ve been reading abrashattitude.com for awhile, you will know that I am very very picky about mascara. I have long, super stick-straight lashes that are quite light in colour considering my natural hair colour is dark brown. I use a lash curler and I need a mascara will hold a curl. My eyes are sensitive, and water easily so any mascara that I use must be smudge proof, and water resistant.
I have seven requirements for a mascara, and I’ll comment on each requirement and score each point. So how did the Big Mood Waterproof Mascara score?
1. waterproof / water resistant +1
2. smudge-proof +1
3. non-flaking / non-clumping +1
4. must be DARK black (not blackish, not brown black, and definitely not grey black) +1 Super dark black!
5. volumizing +3/4 Good volume, great length, but I always want MORE VOLUME!
6. must hold a curl +3/4 It holds a curl pretty well, wish it had better hold
7. non-irritating to my sensitive eyes +1 no itchy eyes!
Overall I would give this mascara a 6.5 out of 7 – which is pretty damn good! I especially love the chunky hourglass wand – it works well for my lashes and eye shape. I love that elf Cosmetics is cruelty free, and vegan, and affordable!
Have you tried this mascara?
Thanks for reading,
Disclosure: I purchased this!
You must be logged in to post a comment.